April 20, 2011

Custom Leather Cuff: Sophie's Design

I always enjoy receiving customs orders and I recently finished an order for a client, a pair of cuffs that extend all the way to the elbow.

The concept: Her name translates into Ishtar, which is a Babylonian goddess of love, war and fertility, the symbol being a seven pillared mandala.  I used the mandala as the focal point of the piece with circular elements to compliment and reference the moon, the goddess and femininity.

They turned out more beautiful than I imagined and I will be planning to add longer cuffs to my shop.




9 comments:

  1. these are stunning... wonderful work!

    xoxo,
    lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that is a lovely piece! i love the design and detailing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is stunning. Love all the details you added in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that cuff is quite amazing!! love the cut outs and details to it <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. How unique. I love it! You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you made this??? gosh you are super talented, this is s work of art

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so beautiful. I love that you put so much thought into the design.

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...